Last Update: May. 14, 2016
This policy describes the ways we collect, store, use and protect your personal information. You accept this policy when you sign up for or use our products, services or any other features, technologies or functionalities offered by us on our website or through any other means (collectively “RightStar Computing”). We may amend this policy at any time by posting a revised version on our website. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it.
How we collect information about you
When you visit a RightStar Computing created and managed website (such as Revelant Iron-Ons) or use any of RightStar Computing’s services, we collect your IP address and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website.
If you open an account or purchase any item at Revelant Iron-Ons, we may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information - your name, address, phone, email and other similar information.
- Financial information - the full bank account numbers and/or credit card numbers that you link to your RightStar Computing account or give us when you use the checkout services (or these may be stored with a 3rd party such as PayPal).
When you are using the RightStar Computing services or products, we collect information about your transactions and your other activities on our website or using RightStar Computing services or products and we may collect information about your computer, tablet or other access device for fraud prevention purposes.
Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways such as contacts with our customer support team or results when you respond to a survey from interactions with members of RightStar Computing.
We send a “session cookie” to your computer when you log in to your account or otherwise use RightStar Computing services or products. This type of cookie helps us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session, so that we don't need to ask you for your password on each page. Once you log out or close your browser, this cookie expires and no longer has any effect.
We also use longer-lasting cookies for other purposes such as to display your e-mail address on our sign-in form, so that you don’t need to retype the e-mail address each time you log in to your account.
We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website. We may also collect information about your computer or other access device to mitigate risk and for fraud prevention purposes.
You may encounter cookies from third parties when using RightStar Computing services or products on websites that we do not control (for example, if you view a web page created by a third party or use an application developed by a third party, there may be a cookie placed by that web page or application.)
How we protect and store personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the US and elsewhere in the world where RightStar Computing facilities are located, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide RightStar Computing services or products and customer support you request;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, measure, and improve RightStar Computing services or products and the content and layout of our website and applications;
- deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
We don’t sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize RightStar Computing services or products, content and advertising. If you don’t wish to receive marketing communications from us, simply indicate your preference by logging into your account and going to the Profile subtab under the My Account tab and adjusting your preferences under Account Information, or by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.
How we share personal information with other RightStar Computing users
To process your payments, we may share some of your personal information with the person or company that you are paying or that is paying you. Your contact information, date of sign-up, the number of payments you have received from verified RightStar Computing users, and whether you have verified control of a bank account are provided to other RightStar Computing users who you transact with through RightStar Computing. In addition, this and other information may also be shared with third parties when you use these third parties to access RightStar Computing services or products. Unless you have agreed to it, these third parties are not allowed to use this information for any purpose other than to enable RightStar Computing services or products.
Regardless, we will not disclose your credit card number or bank account number to anyone other than with RightStar Computing personnel or with the third parties that offer or use RightStar Computing services or products, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with a credit card rules, subpoena or other legal process.
How we share personal information with other parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, and technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law.
- Banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you meet their criteria which includes having RightStar Computing close your RightStar Computing Account due to your breach of the RightStar Computing User Agreement).
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when
- we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure
- we need to do so to comply with law or credit card rules
- we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
RightStar Computing will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
If you open a RightStar Computing account directly on a third party website or via a third party application, any information that you enter on that website or application (and not directly on a RightStar Computing website) will be shared with the owner of the third party website or application and your information may be subject to their privacy policies.
How you can restrict RightStar Computing from sharing your personal information
Federal and state laws allow you to restrict the sharing of your personal information in certain instances. However, these laws also state that you cannot restrict other types of sharing. Because we have chosen to refrain from certain types of data sharing, the only type of sharing of your personal information that you may restrict is as follows:
If you do not want RightStar Computing to share your personal information with other companies for the purpose of marketing their products or with other financial institutions for the purpose of marketing our jointly offered products to you, please log in to your account and uncheck the box in the Information Sharing section of the Notifications and Information Sharing page. This page can be accessed by going to the Profile subtab under the My Account tab.
You can also control how we use your contact information to market RightStar Computing services or products to you in the notifications preferences.
How you can access or change your personal information
You can review and edit your personal information at any time by logging in to your account and clicking the Profile subtab under the My Account tab.
How you can contact us about privacy questions
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact us by using this form or writing to us at RightStar Computing, Attn: Privacy Concerns, 9311 Golden Pond Lane N, Monticello, MN 55362.